Friday, March 23, 2007

dobbs—Wrestle the Future to the Fucking Ground

dobbs's (User #13877) site is great. The splash page is a bit intimidating, demanding an email address, but the links at the top (check WTF? to figure out WTF) lead to an explanation and some archived writings from what turns out to be a splendid email list. After reading bits from the archives (I liked I'm on Fire, and check out Untitled #6) I signed up for the list. The writing from his Victory Shag project is also quite good: I don't want to know if this is truth or fiction, but it's a hell of a story. And, to top it all off, the music link has a great set of songs available. I hadn't heard The Handsome Family before, but after reading the Sally Timms story, I had to hear, and they're great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks Omie!

Unfortunately, my list is a little quiet now as this time of year I'm always working my ass towards the Nicholl deadline. I've also pulled a number of my best pieces off my archives and sent them out for publication. However, anyone who sends me a note mentioning your site--I'll forward them copies to read.

Also, here's a pic of Sally just for you.

Integrated Systems said...

Pancakes!

I agree; this is riveting writing and makes for lump-in-throat reading.